Monday, May 7, 2007

well hung

as a follow-up to my post a few weeks ago regarding saving energy, not to mention moolah, by giving your clothes dryer a break, well, i finally have my outdoor clothes dryer up and -- even though we ran into a few snafus (the web site never mentioned anything about pouring concrete!) -- it's now up and it's gllllooorrrioussss!

i can get a entire load up in one hanging, it can easily be taken out and put away, and (well, thanks to the recent warm, windy days) it didn't take any longer for the clothes to dry than if i'd tossed em in the dryer (we'll see if/how that changes come winter).

if you don't have a back yard (or don't feel like pouring concrete -- sheesh!), there are smaller and more compact versions of my dryer...

btw... the clothes smell great and -- even better -- there's something wonderfully peaceful about taking a few minutes, out in the sunshine, to listen to the birds while hanging laundry...

granted, i feel like my grandmother but at least my skirt isn't pulled up under my armpits so i've got that goin' for me, which is nice...

gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga

No comments: