Tuesday, June 5, 2007

green daddy

yup, father’s day is right around the corner and i, for one, am usually at a loss as to what to get my pa-pa so here are a few ideas that pops will like (and are kind to the earth, to boot).

for the golfer

eco golf balls – while I can make no guarantees regarding the performance of these puppies, the idea of water-soluble golf balls just makes me giggle… find dad an beautiful ocean cliff and let him wile away an afternoon smacking these puppies into the surf.


for the gadget guy

solio offers a kick-butt line of portable solar chargers that will keep dad’s mobile electronics running smooth no matter where he is. (I just dig this!).

for the sunday couch potato

if pops’ idea of a perfect day is watching sports and barbecuing, try some organic beer (wolaver's and peak are two of an ever-growing number of brands) and some grass-fed meat (eatwild.com has links to a variety of natural farmers).



for just about any dad

earthpak – backpacks, duffel bags and computer bags made from recycled soda bottles. they’re decently priced and perfectly rugged (and if anyone wants ideas for what to get me for my b-day, the transpecos is right up my alley … dark green or black… hint… hint… :). NOTE: check out my change of heart regarding this company. DON'T order from them!

No comments: